What does it cost to open a Klappenberger & Son Franchise?
Franchise Start-Up Costs
While Klappenberger & Son is here to assist you with the process of obtaining funding, we will not personally finance any portion of the loan. Your investment in owning your own business is entirely up to you, but we will be happy to aid you in preparing the proper documentation to put in front of the loan officer. We will provide you with a detailed FDD which includes financial performance to submit to your lender. This will allow the institution to take a close look at the agreement between franchisor and franchisee.
Franchise Cost Chart
The following table contains an overview of all franchise costs:
||Notes (See FDD for greater detail.)
||$ 40,000 (Veterans)
||Truck, Lettering, Ladder Rack
|Signage for Vehicle
||See FDD for Details
|Uniforms and printed Marketing Materials
|Computer / Office Supplies
||See FDD for Details
|Business Management Software
|Training Expenses (Travel)
||See FDD for Details
||Fees vary from state to state. Networking Organizations
|Professional Advisor Fees
||Attorney & Accountant Fees
||First 3 Months of Operations
|Total Estimated Initial Investment
|First 3 Months of Operations
A major benefit of owning a Klappenberger & Son franchise is that we offer you your choice from a wide array of expansive, available territories. Our territories are not only much larger than those of all other competitors, but for now the wealthiest territories are still available in your area. A fantastic advantage of getting a franchise early is that you can stake your claim where you want.
Why do we offer such large territories? Because I’d rather have 200 successful and satisfied franchises than 400 franchises complaining that their territories are too small and that they are competing with each other for business. Also, prior to franchising, I grew my company to 25 techs working during the peak seasons. The area I worked in had about 450,000 people. It would only be fair that my franchisees to have the same opportunity.
Franchise Comparison Chart
The following table is a franchise cost comparison between Klappenberger & Son, CertaPro, College Pro, FRESH COAT, ProTect, Five Star, and Handyman Matters.
||Pre-Opening Training (Classroom/On-The-Job)
||Onsite Opening Assistance
|Klappenberger & Son
||6 percent of gross revenues up to $700,000 and a five percent royalty on revenues over $700,001 during a calendar year or the minimum annual royalty
||Protected. Typically contains between 425,000 – 550,000 persons
||4-6 Weeks between classroom, videos and on-the-job training
||Greater of 5% of monthly gross sales or the minimum
||Protected. Typically contains between 25,000 and 35,000 persons
||12 days / 6 days
||5% to 20% of weekly gross sales
||Protected. Not defined
||50 hours / 75 hours “and as necessary”
||6% monthly gross revenues or $300 whichever greater
||Protected and contains up to 175,000 persons; defined by Postal ZIP codes
||40 hours / None
||5% of weekly gross sales for franchisees in good standing; otherwise 7%
||Protected. Typically contains 25,000 targeted households
||26–37 hours / 35–52 hours
||Provided, but amount of time not specified
||4% to 5% of monthly gross revenues or minimum of $12,000 per year whichever greater
||Protected. Typically contains 125,000 households
||40.5 hours / 6 hours
||The 6 hours of on-the-job may be provided at HQ in NC or the franchisee’s territory
||6% of actual or minimum gross revenues semi-monthly whichever greater
||Protected. Typically at least 62,500 households
||35-50 hours / 30 hours
What Does the Secret Sauce Make?
- Satisfied Customers—In 2012- 19 a third party review company Guild found that on average 94% of our customers would use us again as well as refer us to a friend.
- Consistency—When everyone is following the same process, problems just disappear.
- Improved Margins—Using the best products, plus the best process, plus having an educated and trained staff equals better margins, and happier customers!
Owning and growing your own business has never been easier. Currently, we have franchises available in all of Virginia and Delaware, as well as in most of Maryland. 10 of the top 20 wealthiest counties in the country are in these areas.
- Step-by-Step Opening Guide—Part of our unique training is to assist and train you to have the phone ringing from day one. Our marketing and advertising strategies will get your phone ringing without busting your budget, and let you grow at your own chosen speed.
- Large Territories Granted—Our territories start at 420,000 and can go as high as 550,000. They are 2-3 times larger than those offered by other painting franchises.
- Cloud Based Customer Management System—Easy to use and complete online access from your phone or tablet.
- High Close Rates—We know exactly how to turn proposals into jobs. We will provide and train you on how to give the customer confidence that your services will meet and exceed their expectations.
- Not All Jobs Are Created Equal—We will show you how to maximize profits and avoid pitfalls. We’ll help you to market your business where the profit margins are the highest.
- Outbound Calling Center
- Bookkeeping and monthly reports
- IT Support
- Supply Order System
- Ongoing Support and Training
- Major National discounts at Sherwin Williams
Complete Systems for Your Business
- Estimating System
- Painting Estimate Software
- Sales and Marketing Material
- Social Media
- Blog Site
Let’s Grow a Business Together!
Shoot us an email at email@example.com, or give us a call at 410.647.5700 and let’s see if we are a good fit for each other.