Your Local Painting Team is Klappenberger & Son of Howard County!
If you’re a home or business owner located in Howard County and Laurel and have never experienced the “Klappenberger & Son Difference”, I would love to have the opportunity to be your go to painting and handyman contractor. If you are one of our 10,000 repeat customers than welcome back!
Like a free quote? Please fill in the form below or give us a call.
We try to respond to your requests on the same business day.
Our customers have come to rely on our experience and reputation of professional painters and expert carpenters since 1989. We offer free estimates, competitive pricing and superior-quality products matched with expertise. On average, 70% of our customer who call us are repeat or referrals. If you are a repeat customer, then welcome back! If you are a new customer in search of a company to do your painting and carpentry projects, then absolutely welcome you!
Review by Columbia, MD Mrs. Roe
“They were terrific—absolutely amazing. We weren’t there to supervise it, but they sent us pictures and kept us informed. They were very responsible and did beautiful work—A+.”
Who We are and What Can You Expect from Us?
We pride ourselves on being a one stop shop for all of your painting and handyman services. We have painted 1000’s of home in Howard County and understand what you expect from a painting & handyman company.
- Ask questions and listen
- Design ideas
- Guidance on choosing the right products
- Quick turn around on estimates
- Excellent communication before during and after the job is completed
- Prompt service
- Quality work
- Each painter has a minimum of 5 years’ experience and then goes through our training process
- Fair pricing
If you are not familiar with us, we have been serving 1000’s of residents in Howard County — including the Columbia, Clarksville, Ellicott City MD, since 1989! We have been awarded Best Pick in Howard County since the very first publication in 2012.
Our pricing is based on analytics and data that we have collected for 30 years. We know how painting and handyman task take because we have cataloged that information and transferred it to our own proprietary software. Some contractors (not all) low ball a job only to raise it once they get started. Our prices are fixed.
We will not come back and say we under bid and need more money. As long as tasks are not added to the job your price will never increase.
Exterior Painting Services
Painting the outside of your home is a great opportunity to kill 3 birds with one stone (not that anyone would want to kill 3 birds with one stone).
First, as we are prepping and painting your house, we are also looking for potential problems like rotten wood and replacing damaged caulk where water can get in and cause real damage. If your gutters are clogged, we can clean them to ensure the water is properly flowing away from your house.
Secondly, the wood and other substrates will be protected and last much longer with the proper painting applications. The harsh and changing climate that Howard County faces from season to season requires that your house be properly protected.
Finally, your house will make an awesome transformation especially if you change colors! Designers often say that painting the exterior of your home is typically the fastest and most dramatic way to improve the look and value of your home. Even just painting the front door and shutters can have a dramatic effect on your entire house. We can direct you to what paint colors fade the least and what sheens will look best on your siding and trim.
Power Washing Services
Power washing or pressure washing is not always a simple and safe procedure. If you are power washing a deck or a fence it is very tempting to use more pressure than the wood can withstand causing damage to you deck or fence. The same can be said for to aggressive PSI (pounds per square inch) on a house. We adopt a different philosophy and methodology to power washing. Our Philosophy is to let the chemicals do the work and not aggressive pressure washing. The chemicals we use will not damage your plant or grass and will leave the surface ready for the proper application to be applied.
Historic Exterior Properties
We have an outstanding group of experienced painters who have done many historical properties in Ellicott City, Elkridge and beyond. Recently we completed work at the Riversdale Mansion built in 1806. We used the proper glazing, primers, and topcoats of paint that can last upwards to 20 years! We test the moisture content of the wood prior to applying any painting applications. This is a vital step to ensure the longevity of wood and our historical treasures. If your historical property requires restoration work on rotten or chipped wood we can fill it in and mold it to the original shape using epoxy fillers that expand and contrast with the wood. Our experienced team of painters and carpenters can restore your historic property and ensure that it gets maximum protection and longevity.
Interior Painting Services
There are four main reason why people want to have their interior home painted:
- Selling your home– If you are moving, we understand that you just want to freshen up the place to make it sell faster. We have been helping customers achieve this cost saving agenda by strategically painting in limited and crucial areas on an “as needed” bases. We also can advise you on the neutral colors that are currently trending.
- Buying a home – Congratulations! Buying a home is certainly exciting and bit stressful but now it’s time to turn that house into your home. This is really where we can help. Besides advising you on the most washable paints, sheens, and trending colors we can also take care of that handyman “honey do” list of things you would like done prior to moving in. Do you want to know what types of paints hide imperfections the best or have the maximum amount of wash ability? We can advise you and guide you for what will work best for your unique lifestyle.
- The interior home just needs to be painted: Has it already been 10 years or more since the interior of the home was painted? Perhaps you still like the colors but it just time to paint. We can fix those cracks and nail pops and repaint the house as needed. It is amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do! Perhaps your ceilings still look great. Awesome! We can advise you on the least expensive ways to get the look and durability you desire.
- The current colors are not inspiring – This is where the fun begins. Changing the colors in your rooms will have an immediate impact visually and can even your own mood! Yes, having the perfect color combination(s) in a room can make a world of difference to your enjoyment and wanting to stay in that room. We have a gallery of fun and inspiring colors for you to check out. We can also come to your house and assist you in choosing the colors that fit your unique personality.
Kitchen Cabinet Painting Services
Are your cabinets or vanities structurally sound but looking a little past their prime? Having them painted might just be the answer. Having Klappenberger & Son paint your kitchen cabinets cost a fraction of the time and money it would take installing replacements. When painting kitchen cabinets, the transformation is dramatic! The durability of the paint we use, and our process will amaze you! We spray your doors and drawers giving them a show room finish that a brush and roller just can’t match. We then apply a clear coat that is so tough that we give your kitchen cabinets a 5-year warranty against chipping and peeling. (Clear coat and warranty are an option).
Property Management Services
Klappenberger & Son has developed long standing relationships with property managers of all kinds because we truly understand your needs. If a tenant calls you with a problem you want nothing more than to call a contractor and have the job completed quickly, professionally, and for a fair price.
HOA & Community Property managers often request our services to paint or do replacement work on and entire community. We have signs and door hangers to notify the customers of starting and completion dates of our services which include:
Commercial Painting and Renovation Work
Klappenberger & Son has had a long-standing relationship as a general contractor with:
- Private Schools
- Commercial Property Management Companies
Our projects have included:
- Reconfiguring office space
- HVAC / Electrical Services
- Door and window installation
- Bathroom remodel
Government Building Painting Services
Klappenberger & Son has had the privilege of completing painting and renovation services in some impressive locations such as:
- White House
- US Court of Appeals Judges Chamber
Regardless of what you need painted or renovated, we will take the same care on your property as we do for our current customers.
Since 1989 we have strived to be a one stop shop for both our commercial and residential customers. Hiring multiple companies to perform one project takes a lot of time and effort on the consumers part. Calling us to take care of the entire project saves you time, effort, and most of all money! Having the right people performing each task at your project is now our responsibility.
Unfortunately, handyman work can lead to unforeseen work. Our policy is to inform you of additional items prior to getting started. Then we can give you an approximate estimate on the additional costs.
We travel all over Howard County, from Mount Airey and even into Laurel. Bring us your “honey do” list and we can easily handle those tasks for you.
Typical services include:
- Bathroom remodel
- Man Caves
- Deck Replacements
- Door Replacement
- Replacing rotten wood
- Floor refinishing
- Drywall Repair and Refinishing
- Floor installation
- Custom bookshelves
- Property Management Services
Call Us Today to Request a Free Estimate
We have been providing painting, renovation, and remodeling projects for 30 years and we have certainly learned, changed, and grown. I hope you take a look at reviews from this 3rd party company. They require that we give them a list of all our customers every year and they randomly call about 130 of them!
Our Promise to You
- We will not upsell you but rather advise you on what is best for your particular situation. If there are areas where we can save you money, we will certainly let you know.
- We will be punctual from the first time we meet to the final walk through.
- Our prices are fixed. As long as work is not added or reduced, the price we give you – is the price you pay.
- You will love the quality of our work and our communication process.
- Here is my cell 202 644 6105. My Name is Arturo Lacayo. You can always call me if you have any questions or concerns.
To learn more about our comprehensive services, call us today at (443) 410-8131 to speak to a specialist or complete our online form to request services. If you’d like to receive a free quote, please fill in our online estimate form below — any messages received before 2PM will be responded to the same business day.